Are you an experienced Team Manager who is able to work in a fast-paced MASH team? Our client in Bromley is seeking applicants who have a clear understanding of the application of thresholds in line with the London Continuum of Needs, including the provision of Early Help Services. The main purpose of the role is to fulfil the authority's obligations under the Children Act 1989 and other relevant legislation, focusing on children in need, especially those requiring protection and those under the authority's care.
Summary of Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assess and provide services to children in need within the legislative framework, departmental procedures, and child care policy, managing a limited caseload with complex needs under appropriate supervision.
- Apply internal policies and procedures when working with vulnerable children, including those on the child protection register and Looked After children.
- Efficiently provide services by collaborating with other divisions, Council Departments, N.H.S. trusts, schools, carers, and voluntary and independent sector providers.
- Maintain high professional standards in workload and enhance team practice through the implementation of quality assurance systems.
- Adhere to professional standards, Departmental vision, values, procedures, and managerial guidance.
- Supervise professional staff, following relevant internal procedures on supervision, training, and personal development.
- Deputise for the group manager, manage duty in their absence, allocate priority work, and provide support to team members.
- Chair various professional, statutory, and interagency meetings, including Children in Need meetings and child care reviews.
- Make budgetary recommendations to the Group Manager and use delegated budgetary powers as per financial regulations.
- Take responsibility for practice development, contribute to training, liaise with external bodies, and represent the team on working parties.
Apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please call 01727 228846 and speak to our team.