Working as part of the Multidisciplinary Hospital Discharge Service this role sees you supporting individuals to access step down flats for a period of assessment as part of a planned discharge from hospital. Supporting individuals to maximise their independence post discharge via a targeted assessment process, to support and achieve long term outcomes in an environment which offers them choice and control.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible, committed, and hard working with a willingness to work to quality standards. You must have experience of working within a multidisciplinary framework and need to have good negotiating skills. The successful candidate will be working with Partner Agencies and will be required to maintain good working relationships.
You will play a crucial role in assessing the needs of individuals, and their carers, in line with the Care Act (2014) criteria, formulating and implementing personal budgets and support plans, and monitoring and evaluating services to meet their needs. This position requires a strong commitment to safeguarding adults at risk and providing them with the necessary care and support.
- Be the departments lead for arranging safe and timely discharges both from an acute and community settings in to step down flats via a discharge to assess model of assessment. Undertake strength-based assessments and deliver appropriate person-centred support and outcomes for adults with care and support needs. Assessments will need to be completed within agreed timescales to ensure best possible outcomes for the residents.
- Provide an effective response to safeguarding enquiries, undertake Mental Capacity Assessments/ Best Interest decisions in line with both the Care Act 2014 and local policy and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with all internal and external local partners.
- Degree level in Social Work
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Excellent report writing and computer skills. Record keeping is a vital and necessary part of the job.
- Being able to communicate effectively is central to the role.
- A full current driving licence is essential as being able to move efficiently both around the Borough and to undertake care needs assessment and reviews of placements in and outside of the Borough is an integral and regular feature of the role, and therefore having; and use of a means of transport is also deemed to be essential and compulsory for the performance of the job.
Apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please call 01727 228846 and speak to our team.