Passionate about impacting the lives of children and families? Our client in Brent is in search of a committed Senior Social Worker, focusing on delivering top-tier social work services that cater to the needs of children and families within statutory guidelines and organisational policies. Your pivotal role involves assessing, planning, and executing interventions to ensure children's safety, positive outcomes, and alignment with national and local standards.
Your responsibilities will revolve around meticulously assessing the needs of children and families, implementing targeted interventions for their safety and well-being. Additionally, you'll manage a caseload of intricate cases, prioritising tasks to meet statutory obligations, including court reporting, reviews, and adhering to specified timelines. Alongside this, you'll be instrumental in planning, delivering, and overseeing a spectrum of crucial services and interventions, ensuring compliance with local and national policies and legislation. Your active involvement in service development and continuous professional growth through training and learning opportunities will also be vital in meeting HCPC registration standards.
- Provide mandated services to children in need, care leavers, and families, prioritising training and career development.
- Actively engage in team meetings, collaborate within the team, and participate in assigned duty rotations.
- Respond to inquiries from the public and agencies promptly via various communication channels within specified timeframes.
- Collaborate with external agencies and internal colleagues, ensuring adherence to professional standards, equal opportunities, and departmental guidelines.
- Take responsibility for individual client case planning, implement service development tasks, and ensure compliance with departmental policies and procedures, emphasising customer care, equal opportunities, information governance, and health and safety protocols.
Specialist Child Care Duties
- Offer preventive and rehabilitative services in line with the Children Act, securing resources to support children remaining within their families when possible.
- Assess and act on referrals concerning child protection, accommodation, and care, emphasising equal opportunities considerations.
- Swiftly plan and involve carers in decisions, prioritising maintaining children with their families and arranging secure, permanent homes when family breakdown occurs.
- Provide emergency assessment and action for at-risk children, collaborating with department sections and agencies to ensure high-quality childcare practices in line with policies.
Senior Social Worker, Child Care Duties
- Conduct timely, comprehensive risk assessments for children and families, managing complex multi-disciplinary cases encompassing court, child protection, and permanency planning.
- Adhere to Family Justice Review guidelines and court timelines, ensuring efficient case resolution.
- Exemplify outstanding social work practices as a model for colleagues and students, participating in student supervision and practice teaching.
- Represent the department in various forums, liaising with other agencies and contributing to local training aligned with departmental policies and research.
- Chair meetings as directed, support absent colleagues, update specialist knowledge, maintain accurate records, and provide cost-effective, high-quality services tailored to families' specific needs.
If you're passionate about positively impacting lives and fulfilling the requirements mentioned above, we'd love to hear from you. Apply now to join our team and be a part of creating a better future for children and families in our community.
Apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please call 01727 228846 and speak to our team.