Purpose of the Job
This role requires the post holder to support the SEN Team Manager in the efficient and effective delivery of all the statutory functions and duties of the Local Authority with regard to pupils with
SEND (aged 0-25) who have or may require an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
The post holder will:
- Promote a person centred approach to identifying needs, outcomes and appropriate specified provision within the EHCP, across all agencies,
- To assist the SEND Team Manager in developing and embedding new procedures and practices.
- Support the SEN Team Manager in delivering an ethos of continuous improvement via
support and challenge as required.
- To take an active role in all aspects of complex case work for pupils undergoing, or who may undergo, a Statutory Assessment and with Statements of Special Educational Needs/ Education Health and Care Plans.
- To manage a personal case load to include:
Contributing to panel decisions on provision and placement
Attending annual, interim, and transfer reviews
Liaising with parents, young people and professionals to ensure that pupils needs are met
Appropriately, including those at risk of exclusion.
- To oversee case resolution and mediation where this is required, and assist the manager in the management of the mediation arrangements.
- To take a lead in the management of SEND Tribunal Cases and represent the local authority where this is required.
- To take an overview of the continued development of the Local Offer.
- Working with the SEN Team Manager and the Business Manager to ensure that all external and internal targets are met and reported upon to DFE as required.
- To assist in the monitoring and allocation of the funds associated with SEN placement and
service delivery as required.
- To deputise for the SEN Team Manager and undertake any other duties as directed by the Team Manager.
- To be prepared to support and challenge, individuals and agencies and parents/carers, where necessary to ensure compliance with SEND guidance and legislation.
- Contributing to the Directorate’s SEND development linking policy to practice.
- Following and contributing to Child Protection procedures as appropriate.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post.
The applicant will support the promotion of equal opportunities and ensure the implementation of the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
This is a job description as constituted on this day. It is the practice of the Local Authority to periodically review job descriptions. This procedure will be carried out by the appropriate manager in consultation with the post holder