Overall purpose of job
To manage the safeguarding adults’ board operations and activity, to enable the Board to assure itself that local safeguarding arrangements, and partners, act to help and protect adults in North Lincolnshire.
All responsibilities are undertaken in partnership with Board members, relevant organisations and adults who use services. Board activity will be in keeping with the Making Safeguarding Personal ethos and the safeguarding principles identified in the Care Act 2014.
- To develop with the Board the overall strategy for meeting its objectives; and engages with partners to deliver the strategy.
- Provision of a business plan that provides details of actions to support the overall strategy, and how these will be reviewed and monitored.
- Deliver the Annual Report for the Board detailing how the Board has met its objectives during each year.
- Co-ordinate, support and at times chair the sub group activity of the Board, including communications, quality assurance, training and safeguarding adult review.
- Commission, and when appropriate investigate, Safeguarding Adults Reviews when an adult has died or is injured and there are concerns agencies could have done more to protect.
- Ensure the provision of timely and relevant updates on research, practice development and policy initiatives in the field of safeguarding adults is reported/presented to the LSAB on a regular basis for the purpose of developing procedures and practice guidance.
- Develop and maintain an audit strategy/programme for the LSAB and lead and contribute to quality assurance and reviews of services including those within other council areas and within the NHS. Undertakes section 11 audits on behalf of Adults Services, responding to requests to engage with Ofsted inspections.
- Provide the Board with regular interrogation and analysis of safeguarding data to increase the Board’s understanding of the picture of abuse locally and its relationship to the national safeguarding context.
- Co-ordinate and quality assure the cross agency delivery of safeguarding training.
- Maintenance and update of inter-agency adult safeguarding procedures, ensuring they are updated with relevant practice guidance and legislation when required.
- Lead and develop a competent staff team ensuring their performance is monitored and personal development plans are maintained to achieve staff outcomes, underpin the department’s performance framework.